Italy has a number of seaports, and is an extremely important shipping and passenger hub in the Mediterranean, surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, Tyrrhenian Sea and Ligurian Sea to the west, the Adriatic Sea to the east and the Ionian Sea to the south.
Some important seaports
- Gioia Tauro: This is the largest container port in Italy and the seventh-largest in Europe. Over one-third of the shipping traffic to Italy flows through this port. It is located on the south-western tip of Italy, making it convenient for shipping traffic that does not want to go up the coast.
- Naples: Just off the Tyrrhenian Sea, this port is Italy's largest passenger seaport, serving local traffic as well as international cruise ship traffic. This port sees over 1.5 million cruise passengers annually.
- Genoa: Serving the most combined traffic, Genoa is second to Gioia Tauro in terms of cargo traffic and second to Naples in terms of passenger traffic. Unlike the other two, this port is located in Northern Italy and not on the peninsula.
- Livorno: The port of Livorno, located according to some conventions of the Ligurian or, according to other Sea, the Tyrrhenian Sea, is the main port of Tuscany and one of the most important Italian ports and the entire Tues.
- Trieste: The port of Trieste is located in Trieste, north of the Adriatic. Is the first to freight traffic in Italy, followed by that of Genoa. It is divided into five areas, corresponding to the five francs points, three of which are used for commercial purposes
Services at the Vicenza office
The Italian Rhenus Project Logistics office, which has opened its activities on January 1st 2017, specialises in special, heavy-duty, oversize transport services and general cargo, offers its customers the following services:
- Drawing up tailor-made, multimodal transport concepts to reflect customers’ requirements or the load needing to be transported
- Global OOG (Out of Gauge) consignments by container, Ro/Ro or conventional vessel
We offer customized solutions
The scope of work typically involves:
- Logistics management of large-scale projects
- Ocean freight, Air freight and Road Transport
- Out of gauge and heavy-lit cargo
- Load / offload supervision
- General cargo
- Feasibility studies and risk management
- Remote locations logistics and route surveys
- Engineering support
- Import/Export customs clearance
- End-to-end logistics visibility
Project Forwarding and Out of Gauge Transportation
You can rely on Rhenus Project Logitics Italy to get your shipment, irrespective of size, to the right location at the right time, regardless of its size, to a remote location across the globe. It is with the latter that Rhenus Project Logistics Italy can help.